Alimony Lawyers in Tennessee Assisting with Spousal Support Matters
Alimony, also called spousal support, is one of the most important parts of a divorce, and there are four different types of alimony in Tennessee. Call an experienced alimony lawyer if you are getting divorced. The Law Office of Stephen L. Gilly has more than 20 years of experience with Tennessee divorce laws.
Four Types of Alimony in Tennessee
There are four separate types of alimony in Tennessee:
- Alimony in futuro (periodic alimony) — Designed to help the receiving spouse maintain a lifestyle close to the one he or she had during marriage
- Rehabilitative alimony — Designed to help the receiving spouse return to school to increase his or her earning capacity and become more independent
- Alimony in solido (lump sum alimony) — Which allows one spouse to pay money over time to make up for an imbalance in property division
- Transitional alimony — A new type of alimony awarded when rehabilitation is not necessary, but the court considers the disadvantaged spouse in need of help adjusting to his or her new economic situation
The Kingsport alimony lawyers at The Law Office of Stephen L. Gilly can give you the advice you need to choose the appropriate kind of spousal support.
Spousal Support in Tennessee has many factors to consider
Factors involved in determining the amount and type of spousal support include:
- The earning capacity, obligations, needs and financial resources of each party
- The duration of the marriage
- The standard of living established during the marriage
- The age and mental condition of each party
- The division of marital property
We carefully examine all of these factors, and we design a spousal support agreement that is fair and effective. You need a skilled negotiator, and our lawyers will fight for the spousal support you deserve. We are effective and aggressive litigators.