Kingsport Paternity Lawyer Assisting Families in Bristol and Johnson City
Seasoned Kingsport paternity lawyers bring results
If you are the mother of a child born out of wedlock, you can take paternity action against the biological father and ask the court to order him to pay child support. When a father is ordered to pay child support, the children are not automatically legitimated. If you are the biological father of an out-of-wedlock child, and you wish to become the legal father, you must bring a legitimation action in order to gain this right. The Kingsport Paternity Lawyers at The Law Office of Stephen L. Gilly have a track record of success in the area of paternity and legitimation, and they can help both mothers and fathers in out-of-wedlock scenarios.
DNA Testing Makes Paternity Easy to Identify
In the past, it was not possible to determine the paternity of an out-of-wedlock child with certainty. However, DNA testing now makes paternity identified with surprising accuracy. This means that if the identity of the father is unknown, or if the known father denies paternity, the court can order a DNA test.
- If the results of the DNA test are positive, a court orders the biological father to pay child support.
- After paternity is established, fathers cannot voluntarily terminate their parental rights.
- Once paternity is established, child support, custody and visitation rights are determined in the same way as they are for married parents.
Help with disputes over paternity, child support and legitimization
Stephen L. Gilly is a paternity lawyer in Kingsport who can help both mothers who wish to obtain child support and fathers who wish to legitimize their fatherhood. He can provide useful services to:
- Mothers who are trying to establish paternity in order to secure child support
- Unmarried men who are denied contact with their children
- Fathers who wish to obtain custody rights
The Law Office of Stephen L. Gilly provides practical help for mothers and fathers of children born out of wedlock.
Paternity attorneys in Kingsport provide valuable help with paternity disputes
The Law Office of Stephen L. Gilly, Kingsport paternity lawyers serving Bristol and Johnson City, TN, is there for you when the unexpected happens. Located in Kingsport, we serve clients throughout Tennessee and Virginia. Call us at 423-246-3811 to arrange for a free initial consultation, or contact us online.