Stephen was raised in Southwest Virginia. After many years in various area law firms, he founded The Law Office of Stephen L. Gilly in 2004. At that time, he served Northeast Tennessee, including Sullivan, Hawkins, and Greene counties. In 2009, Stephen was admitted to the State Bar of Virginia, and began practicing in Southwest Virginia.
Mr. Gilly graduated from East Tennessee State University in 1981 with a Bachelor of Arts, and he graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1993 with a Juris Doctor.
Mr. Gilly’s areas of practice include:
- Wills, trusts, and estates
- Divorce, Custody, and Support
- Personal Injury
- General Civil Practice
Mr. Gilly is currently admitted to:
- State Bar of Tennessee (1993)
- State Bar of Virginia (2009)
- Eligible to practice in all state courts in Tennessee and Virginia
- Eligible to practice in U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Tennessee
- Eligible to practice in U.S. District Court for Western District of Virginia